This is the final project for Computer Engineering II,
ECE291 - Fall 1995.
The object of the game is to build a robot that will play a
game of basketball. On a miniture size court: there
is a ping pong ball dispenser at the center, laced with
IR emitters (so the dispenser can be located); one, two
and three point zones painted on the floor of the court;
and two baskets on either sides of the court, lit by a
little light source (so the hoops can be located).
The project is broken down in to the following:
1) Building the robot -- this is the fun part
the robot is designed to
2) Programming the programmable VESTA
- Locate the ping pong ball dispenser.
- Obtain the balls from the dispenser.
- Locate the basket.
- And dispense the balls to the basket.
- Points are adjusted to the difficulty of the shot.
- Here are the complete rules/instructions
for the project.
The microcontroller was based on the intel 80x86 language
and worked very well.
Copyright © 2001 by Nick Shin. All Rights Reserved.
- The robot is to be programmed
to expect any situation that may arise in the playing
field; in other words fully autonomous.
These pages are designed by ESTSS.